I received from the court notice that a Civil Trial Assignment - Short Cause - Civil Trial Assignment has be set. What is this?

Asked 9 months ago - Elk Grove, CA

I was sued by a collection agency who bought my credit card debt. I filed my general denial and answered their discovery questions. I just received in the mail a letter from Sac Sup Ct. that a Civil Trial Assignment - Short Cause - Civil Trial Assignment has been scheduled for hearing in January in Dept. 47. What does this mean? Is this the actual trial or are we appearing to select a trial date? Thank you.

1. Jeffrey Lewis

Pro

Answered . You are going to trial. "Short cause" refers to the fact that a debt collection matter is a very short trial consisting of hours not days. Check the local rules about disclosing witnesses and exhibits if you intend to offer any. Good luck.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . Your matter will be on trial.

If you don't know how to defend now is when to hire an attorney

Don't wait until a day or two before to hire an attorney

Do it now

3. Samuel Cohen

Answered . That's your notice of trial. Be ready to go with your evidence. Good luck!