I received chapter 7 discharge in 2011 in May..received letter 3 weeks ago from IRS that i owe 3,500 for 2011..would my BK count

Asked over 1 year ago - Tustin, CA

Since it is for the same year? or do i still need repay? I dont have alot of $ as i am a widow and single Mom..I am ware of the installment agreement as well..have so many payments as it is..any help would be appreciated..thank you

1. Carl H Starrett II

9

Answered . The tax debt is too recent to be covered by your bankruptcy. If you had income taxes due from 2007 or earlier, some of those might be covered if you meet certain other criteria but you are on the hook for the 2011 taxes.

2. Jonathan David Leventhal

8

Answered . No your bankruptcy would not have discharged that particular tax debt.

Jonathan Leventhal, Esq..
    Leventhal Law Group, P.C.
    818-347-5800

NO EX-PARTE NOTICE VIA VOICE MAIL OR EMAIL: I do not accept e-mail notice for ex parte Applications via voicemail or by email. You must comply with California Law and give notice to a person in my office during regular business hours.

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

Leventhal Law Group, P.C. is a Debt Relief Agency under federal law.

Note: The Leventhal Law Group, P.C. does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and a representative of the Leventhal Law Group, P.C. and all fees listed in the agreement have been paid.

3. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

6

Answered . You must have owed the tax debt for at least 3 years for it to be eligible to be eliminated in any bankruptcy. Hope this perspective helps!

4. Diane L Gruber

Pro

5

Answered . Sorry. You still owe these taxes.

5. Robert Michael Fox

3

Answered . You are still liable for the IRs debt, post petition. You can call them up and arrange a payment plan.