I received an underage drinking citation in Pa. I am from Nj and 17.

Asked 7 months ago - Cranford, NJ

The police said I just pay a fine and it is not on my record but I know Pa has a 90 driver license suspension. What will be reported to NJ. Are there further penalties that will be imposed by NJ?

Additional information

I was not driving.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Mark M Cheser

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to speak to a Pa. attorney on this. Normally you would think it would be reported but DWI in Pa. is criminal and you are a juvenille so I do not know.

  2. Michael L Pescatore

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Seek a consultation with both a PA and NJ lawyer. I believe it will be reported to NJMVC and translate into a 3 month suspension in NJ

    Do NOT rely on this answer as the information provided here is not legal advice nor is it a substitute for legal... more
  3. Douglas F Herring


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need to contact a PA attorney.
    If one state suspends your driving privilege and you are not a licensed driver in that state, they are supposed to report the suspension to your home state.

    This answer is being given for general informational purposes only and is not protected by the attorney-client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

18,116 answers this week

2,376 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

18,116 answers this week

2,376 attorneys answering