I received an email and txt notification from USCIS, stating that my case was accepted for my Deffered of action application

Fresno, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

Here is the email
Received on 9/10/12 at 1:33pm
"Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number WAC*********. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status."
What exactly does this mean? Is it time to celebrate or can it still be denied?

It's not time for opening your dad's Tequila or Mezcal bottle yet. This is just what it says: a receipt notice for the receipt of your DACA application. Nothing more, nothing less. You will soon receive other notice for your biometrics appointment, and within 6? months or so, hopefully, a notice of approval. Oh, and within 2-3 months you should receive an EAD card issued to you, valid for 2 years, one that even Romney won't be able to cancel..

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Hahaha love the tequila comment, Thank you for your answer,

Mr. Behar is correct... all they are saying is that they got your package in the mail ... noting more.

Keep the bottle of champagne on ice for a couple of more months.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with my collegues. This just means they have received your petition. Good luck!!!