I received an email and txt notification from USCIS, stating that my case was accepted for my Deffered of action application

Asked about 2 years ago - Fresno, CA

Here is the email
Received on 9/10/12 at 1:33pm
"Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number WAC*********. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status."
What exactly does this mean? Is it time to celebrate or can it still be denied?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

8

1

Answered . It's not time for opening your dad's Tequila or Mezcal bottle yet. This is just what it says: a receipt notice for the receipt of your DACA application. Nothing more, nothing less. You will soon receive other notice for your biometrics appointment, and within 6? months or so, hopefully, a notice of approval. Oh, and within 2-3 months you should receive an EAD card issued to you, valid for 2 years, one that even Romney won't be able to cancel..

2. F. J. Capriotti III

6

Answered . Mr. Behar is correct... all they are saying is that they got your package in the mail ... noting more.

Keep the bottle of champagne on ice for a couple of more months.

3. Dalia Rasha Kejbou

4

Answered . I agree with my collegues. This just means they have received your petition. Good luck!!!