Skip to main content

I received a waiver of citation renunciation and consent to appointment of administrator from my daughters fathers wife

Binghamton, NY |
Filed under: Estate administration

it will be a year since he passed it only has his name on it as the deceased and she has checked off on the paper Letter of Administration and that a bond be dispensed with she wants me to sign and get it notorized but this is all the info i have what should i do ? now it came out in court that she was his child six years ago should i sign?
i live in Binghamton,ny the wife lives in QUeens ny

Attorney Answers 3

  1. If you want to file to be the administrator, then you can file for it. Consult with an experienced probate lawyer in the area. By the way you do not have to sign it. However when you are served the case can go forward it you do nothing,

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

  2. Your daughter may have rights to inherit from her father. Since you are being cited, apparently she is listed on the petition for letters of administration as a distributee. Before you sign anything on her behalf, you should take the papers that were served to a probate lawyer to review. A consultation won't cost much and it could save your daughter a lot of problems down the road.

    Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

  3. The other attorneys offer sound advice. Your daughter has a right to a portion of the inheritance by virtue of being her father's distributee. You should meet with a probate attorney to review the papers and to determine the proper course forward.


    Roman Aminov, Esq.

    Law Offices of Roman Aminov

    Estate Planning - Elder Law - Probate

    147-17 Union Turnpike | Flushing, New York 11367
    P: 347.766.2685 | F: 347.474.7344 |

    This answer does not constitute legal advice and no attorney client relationship has been formed. Before choosing a course of action, it is always advisable to seek the advice of an attorney in your area.

Wills and estates topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics