I received a traffic citation and I cannot find the ticket online. . What does this mean?

Asked about 1 year ago - Dallas, GA

Following too closely
My copy of ticket has no signature on it

happened over a month ago

1. Brett Ladd

Pro

2

Answered . Most likely, and without knowing any more information:
    (1) you are looking online too soon after the incident, and before its been entered into the records; OR (2) you are not looking on the proper website. Double-check to see if you are using the website for the court at which you are set to appear.

2. Troy Windel Marsh Jr.

2

Answered . There could be many different reasons your citation is not online. Regardless, your arraignment date should be on the face of the citation, and you must appear at arraignment. If you do not appear at arraignment or pay the fine before that time, the court could issue a bench warrant for your arrest and suspend your driver's license.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

2

Answered . The cop may not have turned in the ticket yet, the clerk may not have entered it into the online system. Maybe they returned the ticket to the cop for his signature.

4. Michael R Crosner

2

Answered . You should consult a local Traffic Ticket Attorney who is familiar with the local court procedures - many offer free initial consultations

5. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

Pro

Answered . Most likely the ticket has not been turned in yet, or processed into the system. Either way you should go to court on your court date, and ask the prosecutor to reduce your charge to a non-reporting violation so the charge will not go on your driving record. It may be easier to pay the ticket online, but in the long run it is worth the extra time to keep the charge off of your driving history.