Skip to main content

I received a ticket from a police officer for VC 14606a in Culver City, CA. I also now have VC 40508a and VC 40509.5 added on.

San Jose, CA |
Filed under: Traffic court

While helping a friend move out of state he was caught talking on a cell while driving. I rented the truck for him since he had no credit card. When the officer went to run his info my friend told me he didn't have a valid licence. The officer returned & asked me if I knew he didn't have a licence. I didn't know what to say since the officer told me the truck could be impounded for 30 days. So I said yes, since I just found out. I got the ticket & unfoutunately missed the court date. Now my licence is being suspended & I requested another court date. My friend is willing to write a letter stating I didn't know about his licence until just before the officer returned & asked me. Do I need a lawyer, I don't want to travel & miss work, & do you think I have a chance to get this dismissed?

Attorney Answers 2


You will need an attorney to deal with this. It may be possible to get it dismissed but no attorney can guarantee a result.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


Yes, a local attorney can appear in court in LA for you. The FTA is now holding your license and should be cleared ASAP.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree




I need a name of a attorney who can do this for me ASAP

John W Stanko

John W Stanko


Andrew Roberts or Sherman Ellison

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics