I received a ticket for running a red light that resulted in a fatal accident.

Marion, AR |

I think that the problem is with the sensors in the traffic signals. I was the only vehicle traveling north and there was heavier traffic from east to west. The sensors automatically ajust to quickly move the heavier traffic. Just a few days ago as I appoarched the same intersection. I had a green light just as I was about to enter the intersection the light quickly moved from green to yellow and on to red as quickly as 1,2,3. When I saw yellow I slammed my brakes ortherwise I would have been in traffic as the other cars began to move within two seconds.

Not sure what the question is. Explaining your situation , as you perceive the facts, does not help you in court, where it counts. If you were involved in an event that resulted in your being chrged with a death, SHOUT UP. Contact an attorney with whom you discuss the vase.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

You should contact a defense attorney in the Marion/Jonesboro area who also has at their disposal an expert who can testify on traffic signal matters. Have you been sued or prosecuted? If so, you need to call someone right away to get moving on your defense and getting documents from the municipality where the accident occurred.

And as my AVVO colleague correctly suggests, keep your conversations on the matter betweeen yourself and your counsel.

The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client relationship.

You need to contact a criminal defense lawyer in the Marion/West Memphis area if this is where the event happened. If not, contact a well know criminal defense lawyer in the area where this event happened. AND immediately report the event to the insurance company that insured you and/or the vehicle. Your insurance company may be able to afford to hire someone to inspect the traffic signals, but you need to talk to them.

You need to absolutely stay off all social media or other public discussion walls as this will be used by any good lawyer looking for it.

This answer does not create a attorney client relationship and cannot be relied upon as a legal opinion as there are too many unknown facts to this matter to render an opinion at this time. Campbell & Grooms, PLLC http://www.campbellgrooms.com

If you have car insurance, then hire a lawyer immediately and have your lawyer communicate with your insurance company. You do not want any recorded conversations or notes of an adjuster to end up in the hands of a prosecutor or lawyer suing you over the death. Get help now. Make no further statements to anyone other than counsel.

Sincerely,

Rick Woods