I received a subpoena to appear/produce and I don't know what they can take.

Asked over 1 year ago - Farmington, MI

It is an old landlord tried working with her and nothing worked. The balance is 8000 which isn't right because I was only 2 months behind on rent. I am low income and recently lost my job I am married with two kids and go to college with student loans and grants. My wife and I make about 1000 a month currently. We have a car that isn't paid off we owe around 9000 on it but its worth way less. We don't own anything else of value but we are scared what can they do to us please help. we don't know what to do and don't have money.

1. James M. Osak

Answered . You need to take this subpoena to an attorney
    to discuss your situation asap. Good luck!
    See: www.contingencyattorneymi.com

2. Jan Jeffrey Rubinstein

Answered . It sounds as if the subpoena relates to a creditors examination for a judgment rendered against you. As previously mentioned, I'd consult with an attorney asap. The subpoena does not allow the creditor to "take" anything but requires you to appear, produce the specified documents and/or comply with the other conditions listed on the subpoena. A subpoena can be challenged (quashed) if the appropriate motion is brought before the judge. Good luck.