I received a speeding ticket yesterday in Camden Co Ga can I avoid insurance increase by attending a traffic school

Asked over 2 years ago - Hilliard, FL

I was doing 70 in a 55 zone I want to avoid having an increase in my insurance and am willing to attend any course I am a fl resident

1. Richard Earl Hornsby

Pro

2

Answered . You should hire a traffic ticket lawyer in Georgia.

2. Don Waggoner

1

Answered . That weill depend on Georgia law. If the Georgia court adjudicates you, then you cannot avoid points on your Florida license. If Georgia law allows you to avoid an adjudication by attending a class or in another way, then you would avoid points.

However, I have been told by numerous insurance agents that one speeding ticket on your record will not, in and of itself, cause a rise in your rates. Even if you have had previous tickets, but they are not in the last 1-3 years, your rates should not rise. I suggest you ask your agent about it.

3. Yekaterina Mesic

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the above, you cannot take Florida traffic school for this ticket, you need to figure it out with Georgia.