I received a speeding ticket yesterday in Camden Co Ga can I avoid insurance increase by attending a traffic school

Hilliard, FL |

I was doing 70 in a 55 zone I want to avoid having an increase in my insurance and am willing to attend any course I am a fl resident

1. That weill depend on Georgia law. If the Georgia court adjudicates you, then you cannot avoid points on your Florida license. If Georgia law allows you to avoid an adjudication by attending a class or in another way, then you would avoid points.

However, I have been told by numerous insurance agents that one speeding ticket on your record will not, in and of itself, cause a rise in your rates. Even if you have had previous tickets, but they are not in the last 1-3 years, your rates should not rise. I suggest you ask your agent about it.

2. You should hire a traffic ticket lawyer in Georgia.

3. I agree with the above, you cannot take Florida traffic school for this ticket, you need to figure it out with Georgia.

This is not intended to be legal advise and does not establish and attorney-client relationship. Rather this is meant for educational purposes only.

Traffic tickets topics