I received a post card from Paying Agent - Rust Consulting, Inc. Is this Real? What is my next step to get money? Thanks!!

Cypress, CA |

I received a post card from Paying Agent - Rust Consulting, Inc. It reads that " You are eligible to receive a payment as the result of an agreement between JP Morgan Chase and Federal Reserve Board-announced January. This payment is related to an enforcement action regarding deficiencies in the mortgage servicing and foreclosure processes of JP Morgan chase. Payment will be made by the paying agent- Rust Consulting, Inc. You will receive a check or additional information about your payment from Rust Consulting within 4 to 8 weeks. please watch your mail. Only Rust Consulting will contact you regarding a check or to request additional information if required to process your payment. Always use caution when providing personal information. Is this not a Spam? Thanks!!

If your primary residence was in any stage of foreclosure in 2009 or 2010 and your mortgage was serviced by JP Morgan Chase, then it is not a scam. Your post card reads like others that our clients have received. Here is the link to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency website discussing this settlement: http://www.occ.gov/topics/consumer-protection/foreclosure-prevention/correcting-foreclosure-practices.html. There is also a link to Rust Consulting's website.

This is not legal advice. You should consult a lawyer from your state and discuss your particular circumstances in order to secure legal advice.

2. This may be a scam but since you were instructed to do nothing, then do nothing. Whatever you do, do not NOT provide money or personal information if asked. You will be able to verify any claim you might have an no one should ask you for money.