I received a notice on my rental property. The notice is public nuisance. It states that I have to evict the tenant pay bond

Asked 7 months ago - Dayton, OH

The letter further states that I have to pay a bond and make the City of Dayton aas the securities based on market value of the property which is $39,000. I have my assumption of what this mean, but can you explain? They also threatened to padlock the premisis.What should I do?

1. Andrew Clark Schlueter

2

Answered . If a property has been declared a public nuisance in the City of Dayton, there is a duty to vacate the premises because the property endangers the life, health, safety, or welfare of the general public or the property's current occupants. Posting a bond allows the occupants to remain on the premises; however, the bond is conditioned on the owner immediately rehabilitating or removing (abating) the nuisance. If the nuisance is not abated, the city may demolish the property and bill the owner for the cost. In addition, there are criminal penalties associated with failure to abate a public nuisance. I strongly suggest that you contact a real estate attorney if you have additional questions. There may be a right to appeal the legal or factual issues relating to the nuisance notice.