Skip to main content

I received a Notice of Traffic Violation code CC 21453 ( C ) ( 1 ) and I was wondering if I should fight it ?

Bakersfield, CA |

The problem being is that I am on Felony probation and there was a victim in the case in which I am not allowed to have contact with. He was in the car with me. He is blocked out in the photo I was sent. The only person you can see is me. Now if I fight this can the courts use it against me as a probation violation? Or can the cops even find out who is in the passenger seat?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Yes you should fight this by hiring an attorney to handle everything for you.

    Robert Driessen

    Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at

  2. Yes, you could benefit from legal assistance. But I'm curious - what is your defense? Are you going on a standard red-light-cameras-are-bogus defense? That most certainly needs an attorney's help. If you can do this without your passenger as a witness, who is going to know he was in the car?

  3. It's unlikely that the passenger's identity would become much of an issue in the case, and equally unlikely that the terms of your felony probation would come into play as well. Good luck.

    Jasen Neislen

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics