I received a Notice of Traffic Violation code CC 21453 ( C ) ( 1 ) and I was wondering if I should fight it ?

The problem being is that I am on Felony probation and there was a victim in the case in which I am not allowed to have contact with. He was in the car with me. He is blocked out in the photo I was sent. The only person you can see is me. Now if I fight this can the courts use it against me as a probation violation? Or can the cops even find out who is in the passenger seat?

Bakersfield, CA -

Robert Laurens Driessen

Robert Laurens Driessen

Criminal Defense Attorney - Irvine, CA

Yes you should fight this by hiring an attorney to handle everything for you.

Robert Driessen

Gayle Anne-Marie Gutekunst

Gayle Anne-Marie Gutekunst

Criminal Defense Attorney

Yes, you could benefit from legal assistance. But I'm curious - what is your defense? Are you going on a standard red-light-cameras-are-bogus defense? That most certainly needs an attorney's help. If you can do this without your passenger as a witness, who is going to know he was in the car?

Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Criminal Defense Attorney - Santa Barbara, CA

It's unlikely that the passenger's identity would become much of an issue in the case, and equally unlikely that the terms of your felony probation would come into play as well. Good luck.

Jasen Neislen