I received a notice of suspension of my drivers license for having 10 or more parking tickets.

Chicago, IL |

I checked the city of Chicago's website and noticed that I had 11 unpaid parking tickets. My license is going to be suspended on November 28. I was wondering if I pay to get under ten tickets will the Secretary of State rescind the suspension or if I will have to pay them in full?

My experience has been that you would need to pay the tickets in full but I would call a hearing officer with the Illinois Secretary of State to confirm if you are unable to pay them all in order to clear your license.

This comment is being left for informational purposes only and based solely on the information provided in the question. This comment does NOT create an attorney - client relationship. An attorney should be contact directly and given the full details of the specific circumstances in order to be best able to assist in the issues at hand.

Pay the tickets and the reinstatement fee. Do not let your license get suspended. It only leads to more problems.

you have to satisfy the city to the extent they will show you in compliance Perhaps a payment plan.

Pay all your tickets. Do bot play games with the Secretary of State.

To my knowledge you must pay or arrange a payment plan for ALL OUTSTANDING tickets at this juncture.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets