I received a notice of suspension of my drivers license for having 10 or more parking tickets.

Asked 9 months ago - Chicago, IL

I checked the city of Chicago's website and noticed that I had 11 unpaid parking tickets. My license is going to be suspended on November 28. I was wondering if I pay to get under ten tickets will the Secretary of State rescind the suspension or if I will have to pay them in full?

1. Elizabeth Marie Vonau

9

Answered . My experience has been that you would need to pay the tickets in full but I would call a hearing officer with the Illinois Secretary of State to confirm if you are unable to pay them all in order to clear your license.

2. Melissa I. Smejkal

8

Answered . Pay the tickets and the reinstatement fee. Do not let your license get suspended. It only leads to more problems.

3. Ted Harvatin

Pro

6

Answered . you have to satisfy the city to the extent they will show you in compliance Perhaps a payment plan.

4. Judy A. Goldstein

4

Answered . Pay all your tickets. Do bot play games with the Secretary of State.

5. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . To my knowledge you must pay or arrange a payment plan for ALL OUTSTANDING tickets at this juncture.