I received a letter stating i have a probation violation. The court hearing is in 2 weeks.

Asked over 1 year ago - Pacoima, CA

It say's that i did not complete drug rehab. When i was sentenced i was given the choice of 1 year in rehab or 6 months in jail. I chose jail i did my time. I have 2 months until my prob. is up i still have some money to pay. But in my typed court issued case summary. There is nothing that states i had to go to rehabilitation. So, on my court date. Do i need to go with a lawyer and documents to keep from being arrested at the court house?????

1. Sarkis Jacob Babachanian

Answered . It's a good idea to go with a lawyer who will be experienced at clearing up what seems to be an error. It shouldn't cost you too much to have a lawyer do a little post-conviction hand-holding at court that day so that you minimize the chance of a probation violation. Which court house - San Fernando, Van Nuys, somewhere else? I'm very experienced in probation violation cases; feel free to call me at 818-500-0678 or any other local Avvo attorney experienced in criminal defense and probation violation matters.

2. Seth Andrew Weinstein

Answered . You should definitely hire an attorney for this action. It sounds like based on where you live, you are going to San Fernando Court. Your attorney can explain this to the Judge so you are not returned to custody. Give me a call if you would like to discuss your options.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

3. Nicholas Maurice Rosenberg

Answered . The best advice is get a printout of your docket which will include your exact sentence and go talk to some attorneys in the valley about representing you - probation violations can result in a no bail hold and you should take it seriously even if you think it is erroneous. wwww.losangelesdefenders.com
    cell 818-404-3363

4. Brian Russell Michaels

Pro

Answered . The answer to this is pretty simple. If you have a court appearance and fear going to jail, why wouldn't you retain an attorney to go with you?

Brian Michaels
    Los Angeles County Criminal Defense
    www.socalcrimdefense.com
    3109919179