I received a letter on my door indicating that the house i currently rent is being auctioned off for sale due to foreclosure.

Asked over 1 year ago - Beaumont, CA

the notice stated that the house had been in foreclosure since 2010. what are my options in recovering any back rent back or deposit. my lease ended in Mar. 2013

1. Antoinette Cara Liewen

2

Answered . You are not entitled to any refund of rent paid. However, you may be entitled to a refund of your security deposit.

2. Lloyd Stewart Mann

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the previous response. When you rented the premises, you were promised that you would be able to have possession of the premises in exchange for rent, and, if I understand the facts correctly, that is what you had up to and including the end of your lease agreement.