I received a letter from my lawyer to sign for the traffic accident settlement. I m not sure if I'll get any money after doctor

Asked almost 4 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I received a letter from my lawyer to sign fir the traffic accident settlement. I m not sure if I'll get any money after doctor and court fees. Lawyer doesn't say me. He says he'll negotiate with doctor after the money is released or settlement finilises.

I am skeptical. What should I do.

Pro

1

8

Answered . Make sure he negotiates the doctor's bill down BEFORE you sign release.

2. Jeffrey Mark Adams

Answered . Make an appointment, sit down with your attorney, have all your questions and concerns answered before you sign any papers. Once the case is over, its over.

3. Sheldon Jay Aberman

Answered . Advise your lawyer that you will not agree to settle the matter without him/her providing you with an acceptable written breakdown of the disbursement plan for the settlement funds.

4. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

Answered . My colleagues have given you good advice. I would add that you have NO incentive to settle the case if there is nothing left over for you. You were injured. Your body was damaged. You suffered. Make your attorney explain to your satisfaction why everybody should get paid except you.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the thumbs-up icon below.

Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. You may contact the writer with these links:

ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com
    http://www.themargolisfirm.com