I received a DUI in Mississippi with a Florida Drivers license. FL has revoked my license till i get an interlock.

Asked over 2 years ago - Lancaster, NY

My husband is in the military & we were stationed in Germany right after my DUI suspension was up. I was not able to get said interlock because Germany does not enforce them. We are finally back in the states, & I have been without a license for almost 3 years now. I was wondering if I could file a civil lawsuit against the FL DMV?

1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

2

Answered . You will have to speak to a Florida attorney but this should be able to be resoved without a lawsuit.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

2. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

2

Answered . No, you need to retain Florida counsel to figure this stuff out.

3. Benjamin J Lieberman

1

Answered . I don't thi k you need to file a lawsuit. Contact the DMV and see if it could be resolved if not then contact an attorney.