I received a DUI in Mississippi with a Florida Drivers license. FL has revoked my license till i get an interlock.

Asked about 2 years ago - Lancaster, NY

My husband is in the military & we were stationed in Germany right after my DUI suspension was up. I was not able to get said interlock because Germany does not enforce them. We are finally back in the states, & I have been without a license for almost 3 years now. I was wondering if I could file a civil lawsuit against the FL DMV?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You will have to speak to a Florida attorney but this should be able to be resoved without a lawsuit.

    Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

    I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a... more
  2. Michael J Palumbo


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No, you need to retain Florida counsel to figure this stuff out.

  3. Benjamin J Lieberman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I don't thi k you need to file a lawsuit. Contact the DMV and see if it could be resolved if not then contact an attorney.

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

DUI and driver's license penalties

The state can suspend, revoke, or restrict your driver's license if you are convicted of DUI.

Travis T. Schreurs

OWI and your Driver's License

An OWI in Wisconsin involves both in-court and out-of-court consequences. In most cases, the license suspension procedure can be completed before you even make an appearance in court.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,426 answers this week

3,239 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,426 answers this week

3,239 attorneys answering