I received a DUI in Mississippi with a Florida Drivers license. FL has revoked my license till i get an interlock.

Lancaster, NY |

My husband is in the military & we were stationed in Germany right after my DUI suspension was up. I was not able to get said interlock because Germany does not enforce them. We are finally back in the states, & I have been without a license for almost 3 years now. I was wondering if I could file a civil lawsuit against the FL DMV?

1. You will have to speak to a Florida attorney but this should be able to be resoved without a lawsuit.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

2. I don't thi k you need to file a lawsuit. Contact the DMV and see if it could be resolved if not then contact an attorney.

3. No, you need to retain Florida counsel to figure this stuff out.

Military law topics