I received a DUI and was accepted into the diversion program. I need to know what a DUI looks like on your motor vehicle report

Asked about 1 year ago - Overland Park, KS

Been on diversion since April. Have two things on my record about my chemical test being .15 or greater

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Patrick Michael Lewis


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am not sure I understand your question, "what does a DUI look like on the record?" If you are on DUI diversion then you do not have a conviction and will not if you sucessfully comolete the diversion. Diversions do not appear on your driving record, only convictions. However the test failures appear there. You insurance company will be able to find those. You can go to the Kansas Department of Revenue web site and purchase a copy of your driving record.

    Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, patricklewislaw@gmail.com. www.TheKansasDefender.com This... more
  2. Jasen Bodie Nielsen


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your question is a little confusing. Beyond that, I agree with Attorney Lewis. Good luck.

    Jasen Nielsen

  3. Derek Anthony Patrin


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Typically a DUI incident will involve two different types of entries going onto your driving record: the end result of the criminal case and the up front revocation of your driver's license for failing the test. It sounds like you were able to avoid the first mark from hitting your driving record by getting the diversion, but that doesn't keep the license revocation from staying on your driving record. That's what you're seeing where it says ".15 or greater" on your driving record. The diversion can't make that go away. You would have had to file a separate legal challenge to the license revocation to have the chance of getting it removed from your record.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,654 answers this week

3,079 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,654 answers this week

3,079 attorneys answering