I received a DUI, what will most likely happen?

Omaha, NE |

I was driving back home when I was pulled over for speeding, I failed the sobriety filed tests and blew a .124 (BAC). I was given a court date for September and was charged with a DUI and careless driving. I have never had any issues with the law before and I wan to know what is the most likely scenario, I really don't wanna go to jail.

1. The charge is punishable by 7 to 60 days in jail, 6 month loss of license and a $500.00 fine. Normally our client don't go to jail unless then mess up and are looking at probation. Happy to offer a free consultation.

2. It is likely, but cannot be guaranteed, that you will be put on probation with a suspended sentence. Meaning that as long as you follow the probation officer's instructions you will not serve jail time. However, you could be looking at up to 60 days in jail. There will be a fine and court costs, and if you are put on probation you will have to pay for those costs as well. You will also lose your license but interlock devices are available.

I am a licensed attorney in the state of Nebraska. However, the advice I give here is not to be taken as legal advice. It is merely my opinion based on the limited information given. In order to assure that your legal rights are being properly represented I would always recommend going in for a consultation with an attorney to explain your case in detail and answer any questions the attorney might have.

3. You won't go to jail. If you cooperate, it's likely that you get probation and maybe ordered to attend some AA meetings. You probably won't lose your license, but you'll have some points racked up.

If you could afford it, I would suggest hiring an attorney to at least go and argue for leniency.

Traffic tickets topics