I received a disturbing the peace citation in Merriam, Kansas. What is the usual penalty for this type of citation?

Asked over 1 year ago - Shawnee Mission, KS

This was received due to me screaming for my friend to come up to my apartment, and was surprised when the cops showed up 2-3 minutes later. They wrote the citation for me and realized it was nothing serious happening and said I have this court date in a month or so.

1. Patrick Michael Lewis

Pro

Answered . It is possible to receive a fine of up to $500,00 and a sentence of 30 days in the county jail for a disorderly conduct. It is worth speaking with an attorney to see if you can avoid a conviction on the charge. Do not speak with anyone other than your attorney about the facts of what happened. Anything you say to anyone else could be used against you.