I received a disorderly conduct ticket but was not required to go to court, will this be on my criminal record?

Asked 12 months ago - Cincinnati, OH

All I had to do was pay the fine at the court house and that was it. However, I looked up the ticket info on the Court of Clerks site and they spelled my name wrong and put my wrong birthday wrong. I never gave my social security number. If someone ran a criminal background check, would this come up?

1. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

Answered . Most likely yes.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    1370 North Fairfield Rd.
    Suite C
    Beavercreek, Ohio 45432
    (937)426-4000 phone
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com

2. Chase Randall Carter

Answered . Yes, it will most likely come up. Most likely at the scene you had to provide some sort of identification, usually a driver's license. This would give them your driver's license number, address, etc. which would tie you to this offense.

3. Kenneth Grant Hawley

Pro

Answered . If you pay the fine without going to court, that counts as a conviction. Depending on your individual circumstances, you may be able to expunge the record after a year. If the information on your court case is inaccurate, it may or may not show up in a background check. If it does, and an employer asks you about it, it may be worse for you to lie than to admit it. And if you lie about your conviction on a government form, such as an application for employment by a government agency, that might be a crime.

4. Edward A. Itayim

Answered . If you were issued the ticket, you probably had a court appearance or the ability to pay the ticket. If you paid the ticket, then it will act as a conviction. If your record is otherwise clean, you may be eligible to seal your record (or expunge your record) as it is commonly referred to. For a misdemeanor, you must wait one year after your sentence is complete to be eligible.

The short answer is yes. The conviction will show on your record.