I received a disorderly conduct ticket but was not required to go to court, will this be on my criminal record?

Cincinnati, OH |

All I had to do was pay the fine at the court house and that was it. However, I looked up the ticket info on the Court of Clerks site and they spelled my name wrong and put my wrong birthday wrong. I never gave my social security number. If someone ran a criminal background check, would this come up?

1. Most likely yes.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    1370 North Fairfield Rd.
    Suite C
    Beavercreek, Ohio 45432
    (937)426-4000 phone
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

2. Yes, it will most likely come up. Most likely at the scene you had to provide some sort of identification, usually a driver's license. This would give them your driver's license number, address, etc. which would tie you to this offense.

Answers given by Chase R. Carter, partner at Carter and George LLC do not constitute legal advice. Answers given do not constitute legal advice and any person having a legal question should contact counsel immediately. Mr. Carter is a private attorney that is available for hire after first consulting with Mr. Carter and negotiating a fee arrangement and signing an engagement letter. Mr. Carter is able to be contacted by visiting his firm's website at www.carterandgeorge.com or calling 740 634 3110. No legal relationship and/or legal representation is established by answering questions on Avvo. Answers given are for purely educational purpose. No information given is protected by attorney client privilege and any person asking such questions is strongly encouraged to contact legal counsel before pursuing any legal matter.

3. If you pay the fine without going to court, that counts as a conviction. Depending on your individual circumstances, you may be able to expunge the record after a year. If the information on your court case is inaccurate, it may or may not show up in a background check. If it does, and an employer asks you about it, it may be worse for you to lie than to admit it. And if you lie about your conviction on a government form, such as an application for employment by a government agency, that might be a crime.

4. If you were issued the ticket, you probably had a court appearance or the ability to pay the ticket. If you paid the ticket, then it will act as a conviction. If your record is otherwise clean, you may be eligible to seal your record (or expunge your record) as it is commonly referred to. For a misdemeanor, you must wait one year after your sentence is complete to be eligible.

The short answer is yes. The conviction will show on your record.