I received a claim form to receive money for a class member work settlement. However i worked with a fake social. What to do?

Asked almost 2 years ago - South Gate, CA

Part four of the claim form states:
"Taxpayer Identification Number Certification, Substitute IRS Form W-9, Enter your Social Security Number: __ __ __-__ __-__ __ __ __
The IRS does not require your consent to any provision of this document other than this Form W-9 certification to avoid backup withholding."

)Should I write down my ITIN number? My fake social security which i worked with? Or not even send back the claim form?

Thanks for your time.

1. Neil Pedersen

3

Answered . There is no ethical attorney that can advise you to use a fake SSN on anything. This is one of those things where you are going to have to make a decision as to what kind of risk you are willing to take. While your right to the settlement should not be contingent on you having a valid SSN, any time you use a fake SSN you run the risk of criminal liability and/or deportment.

Good luck to you.

2. Shawn Michael Haggerty

1

Answered . This is unanswered on the site and cannot be answered. Good luck. I concur with Attorney Pedersen.