I received a citation for speeding 10% over but missed my court date. Is my only option now to just pay the ticket?

Asked over 1 year ago - Grapevine, TX

The ticket was 60 in a 40. My court date was 8/13/2013. When I go online there is an option to plead guilty and pay $193.00

Attorney answers (2)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It sounds like you had an appearance date, but did not appear. There could be a warrant for you, so you need to hire an attorney immediately. There are other options to pleading guilty and paying. This is the worse thing that you can do. Doing this will be a conviction and put point on your driving record. CALL AN ATTORNEY.

  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You definitely don't want to do that. Go to court or call them. Don't get a conviction. You can ask for deferred instead.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,957 answers this week

3,865 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,957 answers this week

3,865 attorneys answering