I received a check in the mail made out to me. It is drawn on a real bank, but I am unsure if I should cash it.

Owensboro, KY |

This check came from a monitoring and research company that I have never heard of. The envelope also contained 2 sheets of instructions indicating that this "company" wants to hire me to do "research." Can I cash this check, since it is made out to me, without following their "instructions" indicated on the other papers?

Without knowing all the details, it is hard to give you a legal opinion on your situation.

That said, normally, if a situation sounds "too good to be true," it usually is too good to be true.

By cashing the check, you may inadvertently be agreeing to something that you would not knowingly agree to. While you might ultimately be able to get out of whatever they try to get you into, it will likely take more time and money than it is worth.

Sounds like it could be a scam, why not call your local Better Business Bureau, they usually are up to date on these pseudo check deals.