I received a certificate of title, how do I get my writ of possession?

Asked about 2 years ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I bought a foreclosure and after getting my certificate of title I went to the clerk of courts to get my writ an they said I need a motion first to get a writ, this is the language in the final judgement "Upon issuance of a certificate of title, the clerk of this court is hereby ordered and directed to forthwith issue a writ of possession upon further order of the court and the purchaser at the judicial sale, or his or it's representatives or assigns shall be let into immediate possession of the property upon further order of the court. "

1. Marshall C Deason Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . This is not something that you should try to do by yourself. While filing a motion to obtain a writ of possession and setting a hearing before the judge in the foreclosure case is not difficult for an experienced lawyer, it is a process that is fraught with difficulties for even the most intelligent lay person. Hire an experienced real estate litigator to help you.

2. Sergio Cabanas

Pro

1

Answered . One of the most important reasons you should consult an attorney is the possibility that a tenant may be residing in the property, and protected by the "Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act." This will may it very difficult to get an eviction. There is a certain procedure that must be followed, in order to obtain an eviction, otherwise you may lose alot of time and money.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now