I received a call from the NCBON, stating a complaint had been filed on me. do I need a lawyer

I was a Clinical Director in charge of Hospice 3 counties. Patients beyond the 2 90 periods require a face to face visit. In one county this F2F did not happen. Pt admitted on a Saturday, F2F done the following Tuesday, also on that day the Chaplain made a visit as well as the SW, I changed their visit time to happen after the FNP visit, our system is designed to change for 24 hours. The RN that admitted the pt does not use computer, so I took her visit out and explained to the staff to let her know this pt had to be readmitted. I did not even think of this as a mistake, wasn't trying to hide anything, rather protect the company from any alleged Medicare Fraud.

Jefferson, NC -

Christopher Edward Ezold

Christopher Edward Ezold

Health Care Lawyer - Bala Cynwyd, PA

Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Federal law apply, unless otherwise specified.

That being said, I'd recommend speaking with an attorney who has experience defending nurses before the NCBON. While you didn't intend to do anything wrong, a misstep in dealing with the NCBON can threaten your license. It's better to be safe than sorry.

/Christopher E. Ezold/
The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
One Belmont Avenue,
Suite 501
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
(610) 660-5585
Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com
www.ezoldlaw.com