I received a Building Code violation for lack of a permit on an above ground pool so can I remove it and not have to get permit?

Southampton, NY |

My local Building Code Enforcement gave me a violation for not having permit on my above ground pool however we are removing the pool as it is damaged so can i simply remove it and not be concerned about needing a permit? Is it too late since they already saw it? I called and they said I would need a demolition permit to remove it from the survey but it is not on the survey right now. I have to get this resolved in 72 hrs before I go to the permit dept. I am paying double the standard permit rate for my negligence .

Contact a local zoning law attorney. You need to follow all the local laws for building or demolishing a pool. It is risky to do something without the proper permits. Good luck.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

Thanks Jayson, I am hoping someone from Southampton can give me some detail on what I can do.

Recommended articles about Real estate