I received a Building Code violation for lack of a permit on an above ground pool so can I remove it and not have to get permit?

Asked over 1 year ago - Southampton, NY

My local Building Code Enforcement gave me a violation for not having permit on my above ground pool however we are removing the pool as it is damaged so can i simply remove it and not be concerned about needing a permit? Is it too late since they already saw it? I called and they said I would need a demolition permit to remove it from the survey but it is not on the survey right now. I have to get this resolved in 72 hrs before I go to the permit dept. I am paying double the standard permit rate for my negligence .

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

1

2

Answered . Contact a local zoning law attorney. You need to follow all the local laws for building or demolishing a pool. It is risky to do something without the proper permits. Good luck.