I received a 2nd assault charge due to a bar fight steming back from 1998 is there anyway to reverse or reduce the charge?

Southington, CT |
Filed under: Criminal charges

In this fight I was defending myself but used a beer bottle and one of the guys received some injuries to his arm ( not that bad ) I got the charge because of the beer bottle

1. If the case is over and was resolved years ago, then you may be eligible to apply for a party.

In the unlikely event that the case is still pending, and you can assert your self-defense claim at trial.

Attorney Bonanno's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should carefully consider advice from an attorney hired and who has all facts necessary to properly advise a client, which is why these answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.

2. I agree with Atty. Bonanno. If the case is over, charge will not be reduced or dropped (reversed). Your only chance, if the case has been resolved, is the pardon process. On the pardon issue, it is recommended that you retain an attorney to assist you in the pardon process. it is arduous and difficult to obtain a pardon. An attorney can assist and probably present the best case to the Board of Pardons.

Brian S. Karpe, Esq. (860) 242-2221 Note: This response DOES NOT constitute legal advice and therefore no specific action should be taken in reliance thereon. No attorney-client relationship is created through this response. You should speak to an licensed attorney in your state who is competent to answer your question before taking any action with regard to this question.

3. If the case is still pending and you have not plead to anything, you need a lawyer asap. If the case is over, your only option is to apply for a pardon.