I received a 2nd assault charge due to a bar fight steming back from 1998 is there anyway to reverse or reduce the charge?

Asked over 1 year ago - Southington, CT

In this fight I was defending myself but used a beer bottle and one of the guys received some injuries to his arm ( not that bad ) I got the charge because of the beer bottle

1. Salvatore Bonanno

Pro

2

Answered . If the case is over and was resolved years ago, then you may be eligible to apply for a party.

In the unlikely event that the case is still pending, and you can assert your self-defense claim at trial.

2. Brian S Karpe

1

Answered . I agree with Atty. Bonanno. If the case is over, charge will not be reduced or dropped (reversed). Your only chance, if the case has been resolved, is the pardon process. On the pardon issue, it is recommended that you retain an attorney to assist you in the pardon process. it is arduous and difficult to obtain a pardon. An attorney can assist and probably present the best case to the Board of Pardons.

3. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

Answered . If the case is still pending and you have not plead to anything, you need a lawyer asap. If the case is over, your only option is to apply for a pardon.