I receive SSI but I Just turned 60 can I start receiving my Regular SOcial Security ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Mckinney, TX

I get SSI in the amount of 550.00 which isn't enough , being disabled can I go ahead and Get More in regular Social Security ?

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

4

Answered . No

2. Aaron Scott Hill

4

Answered . You currently have to be age 62 to start receiving regular social security benefits. At that point you can choose the benefits that offer the greatest amount to you. You should also consider insurance and whether you will be able to remain on Medicaid if you make the switch.
    http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answers/detail/...

3. D K Kevin Dugan

3

Answered . Not at age 60. there is early retirement possible in a couple years but you would have to discuss all options with the local office at that time to see what is best for you.