I receive SSI but I Just turned 60 can I start receiving my Regular SOcial Security ?

Mckinney, TX |

I get SSI in the amount of 550.00 which isn't enough , being disabled can I go ahead and Get More in regular Social Security ?

Not at age 60. there is early retirement possible in a couple years but you would have to discuss all options with the local office at that time to see what is best for you.

The information you obtain from this website is not legal advice. Please contact us at 954-916-2667 or Dugandisabilitylaw.com in Florida for a FREE evaluation and legal advice pertaining to your particular claim. We give telephonic consultations and handle claims electronically nationwide

No

You currently have to be age 62 to start receiving regular social security benefits. At that point you can choose the benefits that offer the greatest amount to you. You should also consider insurance and whether you will be able to remain on Medicaid if you make the switch.
http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/633/kw/ssi%20and%20medicaid

Every legal matter is fact specific, and there are often nuances in every case. This is intended for comment only, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Social security topics