I rear ended someone I have no lisence. If they decide to report it whats gonna happen to me? Im in Massachusetts

Holyoke, MA |

What legal action can the other driver take out on me

This question should be directed to a traffic defense lawyer. I have reclassified you question so that someone better suited to answer the question can do so.

This response is not intended to act as legal advice. I am not licensed to practice law in any state other than the State of Illinois. No attorney-client relationship is formed until you sign an attorney-client agreement with my office.

You would be looking at a large fine.

If you are in Massachusetts, my answering of your question does not constitute an attorney/client relationship and are for informational purposes only. If you wish to contact me to discuss your question further I offer a 30 minute free consultation and can be reached at 413-522-6263. If you are not in Massachusetts I am not giving you legal advice as I am not licensed in your state and my comments should be viewed as for informational purposes only.

Well, you could face a traffic charge for having no license and you may have to repair the guy's vehicle. Talk to an attorney about your situation.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

You can be charged by the police for operating without a license.

henry lebensbaum, esq.

300 Brickstone Square, Ste 201

Andover, ma 01810

(978) 749-3606

I usually check email every few hours during the day.

(by appointment only)

PLEASE NOTE that: This is being sent via encrypted line, but

(1) e-mail communication is not a secure communication method; (2)
any e-mail sent to you or by you may be copied and held by various
computers as it goes from sender to recipient; (3) emails may be
intercept by persons improperly accessing your computer or my
computer or even some computer unconnected to either of us through
which the e-mail passes. I am e-mailing because you have agreed.
If you change your mind and want future communication to be sent in
a different mode, please advise me at once.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or
work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this e-mail in error. Any
review, dissemination distribution, or copying of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

You can be charged for operating a motor vehicle without a license. This is if you actually have never had a license - if you have a license but it is suspended for some reason or another, depending on the reason you can be looking at a fine or jail time.

If you were driving without being licensed, then you are not covered on anyone's insurance. Therefore, the criminal charges identified by the other attorneys--driving without a license, or on a suspended license, are only part of the problem. The other driver could alsosue you and the owner of the car you were driving for any damage or injury they suffered. If you were the owner and your car is not registered or insured, these are also criminal charges you will face.

Providing users with information is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. However, if in reading my response, you are interested in retaining me to represent you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

The question is unclear. Criminally ,you could be charged with driving without a license or driving after revocation, if you had one earlier on. You could also be charged with operating MV negligently depending on the facts.

Civilly, the driver could try to make a claim with his/her insurance company if injured. If injuries are less than $2K, the insurance company pays and may subrogate against you. If injuries are over $2K, they can try to get a chunk of money from you personally (as you may be uninsured...depending on the MV you were driving).

Sorry...there are so many unanswered facts here that I cannot be too specific with the answer.

Best of luck.

Valerie Semensi @! 781.383.1940