I really need your good advice. Me and my fiance are buying a house and he refuses to put my name on the deed. Right now I dont

Marietta, GA |

have a job, but will be working in the nearest future. He wants me to help him with bills and everything and already talking about how I gonna cut the grass... Is it just me, or you too have a feeling that something is completly wrong here? He expects help, but doesnt give me any rights. He insists what he wants is correct and fair only because of the fact that hes paying the downpayment. Please advice!

1. You are asking questions that are not truly answerable from a legal perspective. My suggestion would be that you consult some people you trust for their opinions (a minister, a marriage counselor) and who may help you work through your concerns before you get married.

Disclosure: This answer and any information contained in this answer is not intended to be treated as legal advice. It is for informational purposes to educate about legal issues. You should contact an attorney for specific legal advice for your situation. Specific legal advice based on full knowledge of your specific situation and all facts may differ from general information. This posting does not create an attorney-client relationship or privilege of any kind. This attorney actively licensed only in the State of Georgia. If this is a Georgia matter, you may of course contact me to discuss possible representation. FEEDBACK: Both AVVO and other readers are interested in your feedback on the quality of the answers. Please check the “thumbs up” symbol if you find an answer helpful.

2. If a loan is needed to purchase the home, there may be good reason to not include you on the loan, since you are currently unemployed. It may also have something to do with how he views your long term relationship with him. Your best bet is to speak candidly with him about your concerns. If he agrees to some arrangement, even if it is in the future, you should put it in writing and both sign it. Part of living in a home is maintaining the property, whether you are a renter or an owner.

This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Navaro & Associates LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues. Our firm offers free consultations up to 1/2 hour.

3. If it does not put your name on the property and something happen before you all are married then it is solely his property. Even if you help.

Darrell B. Reynolds,
    Attorney and Counselor at Law
    2385 Lawrenceville Highway, Ste D
    Decatur, Ga. 30033
    404-636-6616

4. Stop, take a deep breath, sit down and think carefully about moving forward on this one.