Skip to main content

I ran over a girl's foot today when she running across the street between cars to cars

New York, NY |

I ran over her foot. They dont speak english and I call 911 she was sent to the hospital I was driving on a green light and this girl was running cross the street between cars I have no time to react and I also have witnesses. Now what happen if she sue me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


Report the accident to your insurance company. If you will be sued, then make sure that you notify them of same right away.


You need to contact your insurance. If you don't have insurance, contact a local lawyer. You will have several options, but I don't want to speculate without more information,


Notify your insurance carrier immediately of the situation. If you do get sued, the carrier will hire an attorney for you and pay any settlement up to your policy limits if that is an appropriate outcome.

Good luck!!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


Get the witnesses to write statements right away. Talk to your insurance company right away. You have a great deal at risk here if you don't have insurance including having your license suspended as well as the license of the registered owner of the car.

Marco Caviglia

Marco Caviglia


You should probably simply give the contact info of the witnesses to the insurance carrier which will have an experienced investigator take the statements.


Report the accident to your insurance company & direct all inquires to your insurance claim department. Do not give any statements to anyone other than a representative of your company.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


Turn it over to your insurance company to resolve...that's why we all have insurance.


Contact your insurance company. They will assign an attorney to represent you and handle the case. Cooperate with the attorney and all will be fine.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


My colleagues said it best. IMMEDIATELY report it to your insurance company. They should handle everything, including providing you with an attorney and paying any award up to your policy limits. If you dont have insurance, IMMEDIATELY seek an experienced personal injury attorney to represent you and start defending you NOW.

Many attorneys, such as myself, offer free 30 minute consultations.

Best of luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer