Skip to main content

I quite my job on the same day i reported on going sexual orientation discrimination, do I have a case?

Las Vegas, NV |

This was a new job had only been employed 6 weeks, I was the only female in a warehouse environment. Co-work/Trainer from the beginning was noticeably disturbedwith my employment in his deportment. I attempted to ignore it try to learn, fit in and become apart of this team. Before too long this man began making comments in regards to my strength , judging my performance abilities with name calling and intimidation. I finally asked him to stop and reported the situtation and then all on the same day I quit.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Under federal law, companies with 15 or more employees are covered by Title VII, the primary law prohibiting employment discrimination, the Americans with Disabilities Act, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability, and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act, which prohibits discrimination based on genetic information. Companies with 20 or more employees are subject to the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the federal law that prohibits discrimination against employees 40 years or older. Companies with four or more employees must comply with the employment discrimination provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of citizenship status. And all companies of any size must pay men and women equally for doing equal work, by virtue of the Equal Pay Act.
In Nevada, companies with 15 or more employees are subject to the state's antidiscrimination law.
What government agency regulates workplace discrimination in Nevada?
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is the federal agency that regulates workplace discrimination. You can contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission by calling 800-669-4000 or check out its website at The website will help you locate an EEOC field office in Nevada.
The Equal Rights Commission enforces state antidiscrimination law in Nevada. You can contact the Equal Rights Commission at 775-823-6690 or go to its website.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer