I quit my job because I was bullied by another store manager and the district manager. I got denied for unemployment.

Rome, NY |

I got bullied by another store manager. I told my district manager what was going on and human resources and the regional manager. I couldn't take it any more so I quit. I filed for unemployment only to be denied. I have requested a fair hearing but I'm not sure the judge is going to see what they did to me. The district manager is just going to turn it around. Is there anything I can do about it?

Many times the employer will not bother to show up for the hearing. So, just be sure to be on time and prepared to tell your side of the story truthfully. Good luck.

Thank You. I do believe they will show up. They did this to another employee and she is still fighting the company. Could I bring this up or no? Maybe I should just stick with me.

Arthur H. Forman

Arthur H. Forman

Yes, the judge will quickly limit you to sticking to the issue, which is why you left your job. Unemployment judges hear more than 30 cases every week, so they know exactly what to look for.

Also, if you were being bullied because you are a protected class, you may have a human rights complaint.

Go to the hearing, and if you can bring witnesses who support your version of the facts.

Gold, Benes, LLP offers free telephone consultations between 10 and 4 weekdays.