I quit my job and was offered another position within company. would reason for leaving be laid off, or quit?

Rochester, MN |

I did quit my job because of "personality conflict" with co worker. While returning set of office keys my manager asked if I would accept a different position. I said yes and manager told me that she needed to talk to area manager and would call me neuxt day.
Several days went by and never received any calls or letters in mail, nothing ...

So I filed for unemployment benefits and stated on form that reason for leaving was "quit".
Initially I did quit.
State denied claim and I am appealing their decision, but if manager offers another job and I said "yes" would my reason for leaving still be "quit" or "laid off"?

1. Hello. I urge that you have private legal counsel regarding the matters you stated in your posting. In my many years of professional experience, the sooner I may provide legal counsel and assistance in a situation of conflict or potential conflict, the more positive the outcome is likely to be. Tricia Dwyer, Esq. at 612-296-9666. All the best.

2. More facts are needed. Retaining an attorney to assist in your unemployment appeal may be beneficial.

Adam W. Klotz
    FREE CONSULTATIONS- 612.223.6767 ext. 3

The materials appearing on this website are provided for informational use only, and are in no way intended to constitute legal advice or the opinions of this attorney or affiliated law firm. Links that may appear on this site are intended solely for your convenience in identifying and accessing other sources of information.