I quit my job and requested child support modification, the judge refused to lower the amount.

Asked about 1 year ago - Olean, NY

I am a resident of New York State, After coming back from short term disability i tested positive on a drug test, I quit as opposed to getting fired. I have since gotten a significantly lower paying job and just finished my court hearing for lowering my child support payment, the judge refused to lower the amount, stating that i had to prove i was physically unable to perform my last job in order to justify the lowering of support, i need help did i get ripped off?

1. David Zaslavsky

5

Answered . You left your last job voluntarily. Therefore, you are not entitled to a downward modification of support.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . I don't think you were ripped off.

3. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

2

Answered . There is no way to lower support merely you changed jobs. There is no way to lower support. You would have to do something incredible to accomplish that. Perhaps you need one of us to help you. Investing in us may pay off.

4. Louis Lawrence Sternberg

1

Answered . You did not get ripped off. It appears that the court ruled properly.