I qualify for the Dream Act, how and where do I sign up?

Asked about 2 years ago - Austin, TX

I'm 15, I'm currently in high school and I qualify for the Dream Act. No criminal record and been here for 6 years. I would like to get a social security # for me so I can be able to work next year in order to save for college and get a driver's license. Do I need to go fill out forms or something? If yes, where?

1. Kira Gagarin

2

Best Answer

Answered . Make an appointment with an immigration attorney in a few weeks when the instructions as to how to proceed are clearer. You will absolutely need to "fill out forms" and send in documentation. See an attorney to make sure you do it right. Good Luck.

2. Thomas Esparza Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . wait until uscis publishes the regulations. you qualify but there is no mechanism for applying yet. i am telling my clients to wait until july 15 to come see me. tom

3. Nicklaus James Misiti

2

Answered . They are going to release more information on how to apply within the next 60 days. You should speak with and retain an immigration attorney to help with the process.
    Regards,
    Nick Misiti

4. Javier G Pineda

2

Answered . You can read about it at http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/releases/20120612-napo.... According to the announcement the policy is effective immediately, however USCIS will not start accepting applications until August. See a lawyer before you do anything to understand what is at stake. You need to discuss the risks, given that everything may change in November.