I purchased my car 3 weeks ago and within the first week, the traction control system kicked in and the wheel stopped

Asked about 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

& the car stopped in the middle of the road. When I contacted the service department where I bought it, they said to hit TCS OFF. I have done that and now it's doing it again. I took it in, because its under warranty still and they told me what was wrong with it..but yet they didnt fix that they fixed another part. They are telling me I have to pick up my car and they cannot hold it even though I feel they should fix whats wrong. This problem happened and caused my car to veer across 4 lanes of oncoming traffic..If this happens again, can I sue the dealership or Ford?

1. Clifford M. Miller

Pro

4

Answered . You can rescind your acceptance of the purchase if you act quickly enough. Hire a lawyer ASAP.

2. Albert Lee Crosner

5

Answered . You are fortunate that you were not in a terrible car accident. Was this a new automobile or one that was used? You probably should consider getting an attorney there in Tampa to send the dealer a note that you have a defective car and wish to return it to them. Their not taking care of a serious mechanical defect is unacceptable. Good luck.

3. Michael R Crosner

5

Answered . Qustion for a local Lemon Law Attorney - Can locate one on AVVO under the tab "Find a Lawyer". Also request that the factory immediately send out an expert to examine your car BEFORE an accident happens!!!

Pro

5

Answered . Call a local lemon law attorney to investigate.

5. Jason M. Melton

Pro

3

Answered . I don't handle Lemon Law cases, but I'm certain avvo or even google can get you names of lawyers in the Tampa/St Petersburg area.
    I'd hire one ASAP!

Good luck

6. Scott Richard Kaufman

3

Answered . I highly recommend Aldo Bolliger locally for a low or no fee consultation. Find Aldo here:

http://www.calemons.com/national-locator/

http://www.calemons.com/

http://www.naca.net