I purchased clinique 3 step and it messed up my skin. Do I have a case? I would like to hire an attorney.

Asked about 2 years ago - Hartwell, GA

My skin is black around my mouth and it is so embarrassing. Both sides or my jawbone has a rash that has scarred my skin.

1. Mary Katherine Brown

Pro

2

4

Answered . Yes, you may have a claim. You can find attorneys in your area by searching among the profiles here on Avvo. In the meantime, take photos.

2. Robert Daniel Kelly

Pro

2

1

Answered . You should absolutely retain an attorney. The area of law is called "product liability".

RCW 7.72 expresses the current state of statutory law regarding product liability in the State of Washington.
    http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=7.72.
    Case law from the courts can clarify the product liability cause of action. McKenna v. Harrison Memorial Hosp., 92 Wn. App. 119, 960 P.2d 486 (1998) (You can read appropriate cases on the MRSC website.)
    Federal law can also sometimes be applicable to a products liability case.
    The basic question is whether the product was not "reasonably safe."

Pro

1

1

Answered . You may have a case. For example, I obtained a 200k settlement for a man whose skin was hypopigmented by a hair dye. The president of the company flew to my office and made the offer to avoid damage to his brand. Contact a local lawyer to represent you. Good luck.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Only 29% fee deducted.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-510-6755
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

1

1

Answered . You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.