I purchased a vehicle ten months ago from a small dealership. Things are starting to malfunction on the vehicle.

Asked over 1 year ago - Camarillo, CA

About two months after I asked for carfax they refused to give them to me, the starter is going out the tires were worn and about four months after the air on one tire that was replaced upon purchase do to worn out, completely when flat overnight. There are many things that I know shouldn't be wrong with this car already. I would like to know if there is anything I can do about these issues?

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Answered . Well, did you run over something in the road that damaged your tire?

2. Adrienne Patricia Allen

1

Answered . How frustrating for you. I have added the Lemon Law category for you. I don't know if Lemon Law applies to used vehicles. You may have a breach of contract / fraud claim. There will be some difficulty because consumers can now request or obtain the CarFax prior to the purchase thee days. Consult with an attorney for your specific case. Good luck!

3. Scott Richard Kaufman

Answered . A look at your paperwork may be enlightening. If the dealer has failed to dot all I's and cross all Ts then you may have a claim for rescission. Contact my office for a no fee review.

http://www.CaLemons.com

4. Ronald Lee Burdge

Pro

Answered . To tell you anything we need to know a lot more about the vehicle and the sale, like the model year, any promises that were made or warranties give, anything hidden from you at the sale, any misrepresentations, etc, and you should talk to a local car sales fraud or lemon law lawyer to find out what your state laws say for sure, but here's some general tips. California has some special laws that govern used car sales. California has a special Car Buyer’s Bill of Rights law that you can read about on this web page (http://tinyurl.com/9q6yh99) that gives the buyer the right to buy a 2 day contract cancellation option with their used car. But in a used car sale, your legal rights are mostly determined by the paperwork that you sign and the promises the dealer makes to you and whether or not the dealer hid anything from you during the sale. Look to see if anything was written down about any kind of warranty or guarantee or right to cancel the deal. If so, then that may be binding on both you and the dealer. When you bought it can matter too. If you bought it very recently, then you may have more legal rights (again, depending on your paperwork and what representations were made to you when you bought it). But that’s still not the end of it. If the vehicle has hidden damage the dealer knew about and didn’t tell you then that could be fraud too. There’s also a federal law that requires all car dealers to post on the window of all used cars they are selling a special “Buyer Guide” form (it’s often called a Used Car Window Sticker) that discloses whether or not a warranty comes with the car. Many small lot car dealers don’t comply with the law. If they don’t, then you may end up with a warranty after all and you may even have the right to cancel the sale. The back side of the form has to be completely filled out and many car lots, big and small, fail to do that too and that can also trigger your right to cancel the deal. You can see what the Buyer Guide form looks like on this web site page (http://tinyurl.com/9ram9hb). There’s only way to know for sure what your legal rights are - talk to a local California Consumer Law attorney who deals with this kind of case (it's called "autofraud" or car sales fraud). You can go to this web site page for a Free Online 50 State National List of Consumer Law Lawyers (Http://tinyurl.com/79ku5jx) and find one near you (lawyers don’t pay to get listed here and most of them are members of the only national association for Consumer Law lawyers, NACA.net). Or you can look for one under the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo.com or call your local attorney’s bar association and ask for a referral. But act quickly because for every legal right you have, there is only a limited amount of time to actually file a lawsuit in court or your rights expire (it's called the statute of limitations), so don't waste your time getting to a Consumer Law attorney and finding out what your rights are. If this answer was helpful, please give it a “Vote UP” below. And don’t forget to mark your best answer so Avvo lawyers can know how good a job we are all doing. Thanks for asking and good luck.

For a Free Online 50 State National List of Consumer Law Lawyers, click here
    Http://tinyurl.com/79ku5jx

Learn Car Sales Fraud Tricks So You Won’t Be Ripped Off, Click Here
    Www.carsalesfraud.com

What Is Fraud? Read this Free Online Avvo Legal Guide
    Http://tinyurl.com/8nvrgp7

Read a Car Dealer's Slang Dictionary, Click Here
    Http://tinyurl.com/8o3oyxh