I purchased a tax lien certificate on a home I would like to own. I will begin foreclosure. There are many liens. Is this smart

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

The house is in disrepair and has liens ranging from $6000 to 70 thousand dollars. What is the likely hood that one of these lien holders comes forward?

1. John P Fazzio III

Pro

2

1

Answered . This is one of those situations where you won't know until you go forward. A lot of times, the first to enforce their lien gets paid off first, but since you have a tax lien, that trumps everything else and will be paid first.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the prior responder. However one additional factor is what is the value if the house compared to value of all the other combined liens.