I Purchased a coffee grinder from WalMart . Opened box , seen and smelt marijuana . it was used and resold with drugs in it .

Asked over 1 year ago - Newark, CA

Can I sue them?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christopher Paul Sohovich


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Sue them for what? My suggestion is clean it out and return it or just clean it out and use it. Were you harmed in someway by this?

  2. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Be careful. If there was marijuana in it, you could have difficulties.
    You could report it to the police, but they may not believe you, and charge you with possession of drugs.
    You could take it back to walmart, but they may not believe you and then report you to the police.

    I guess I would tell you to report it to both Walmart and the police, but I don't want you to have any trouble.

  3. Adrienne Patricia Allen

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . My colleagues make a good point. If you return it as is, it may cause trouble for you. I would probably just keep it, clean it and use it.

    I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,677 answers this week

2,811 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,677 answers this week

2,811 attorneys answering