I Purchased a coffee grinder from WalMart . Opened box , seen and smelt marijuana . it was used and resold with drugs in it .

Newark, CA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

Can I sue them?

Be careful. If there was marijuana in it, you could have difficulties.
You could report it to the police, but they may not believe you, and charge you with possession of drugs.
You could take it back to walmart, but they may not believe you and then report you to the police.

I guess I would tell you to report it to both Walmart and the police, but I don't want you to have any trouble.

Sue them for what? My suggestion is clean it out and return it or just clean it out and use it. Were you harmed in someway by this?

My colleagues make a good point. If you return it as is, it may cause trouble for you. I would probably just keep it, clean it and use it.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.