I presented a contorfit check but i did not print or sign the check. can i be charged for forgery

Asked about 2 years ago - Orangeburg, SC

The check was a fake company check that someone else printed with my name on it. I presented the check at a store but did not sign the check and was aressted. Can I be charged with forgery for this?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Dale Martin Savage

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Yes, the fact that you presented a check that was from a fake company can result in an arrest.

Related Topics

Criminal charges for forgery

Forgery involves the making or modifying of documents or materials in the hopes of deceiving someone or to make money through the selling of fake documents.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,681 answers this week

3,411 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,681 answers this week

3,411 attorneys answering