I posted bail for my sister on 11/3 and she has no warrants or fines and the jail has not released her yet. They keep giving me

Newark, NJ |

different times my sister will be leased she is still incarcerated. Is there a time limit on when the jail has to release a person?

Ask what is the hold on her. It could be ICE if she has a status situation. If not that is really unusual.

As noted by my esteemed colleague, is it possible that she has a problem with immigration. You may be able to call the jail and find out the problem. Meanwhile hire an attorney as soon as possible.

CALL US AT 855-578-0449 TO ARRANGE FOR A CONSULTATION IF YOU LIKE THIS ANSWER PLEASE INDICATE YOUR APPRECIATION BY SELECTING IT AS "BEST ANSWER." Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen, Esq. LLC 1415 Queen Anne Road, Suite 206, Teaneck, NJ 07666 Phone: 201-692-0073/ Fax: 201-692-0151 Web Site: www.kelsenlaw.com / Email: bgkelsen@kelsenlaw.com NOT LEGAL ADVICE: The above information may contain an opinion which does not constitute legal advice. Unless a retainer agreement has been signed, we are not your legal representatives, and you should not rely on any opinions contained in this message.

There could be a warrant you don't know about. There could be a bail source hearing. There could be a mistake.

It seems like one a few things is happening. Either she has an ICE (immigration) detainer logged against her or she has another active warrant which they have not informed you of yet or they could potential be seeking a bail source hearing to determine where exactly the bail money came from. I would seek the advice of an attorney if the jail is still giving you the run around

Unless there is an ICE hold it would appear they are unlawfully holding her.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.