I pleaded guilty to setting fire to personal property in a class e felony in Tennessee can it be expunged?

Asked over 1 year ago - Memphis, TN

I have no other charges and have not been arrested ever again. My Lawyer tild me he could expunge for me back then but I haven't heard from or I havent been able to contact him since 2005. My name is Mieko Saulsberry.

1. Thomas Travis Overton

Pro

3

1

Answered . If it was part of the agreement that you would be able to get the conditional plea expunged after your probation was over, then your eligible for expungement.. It might be able to be expunged even if it wasn't part of the agreement based on a new law passed last year.The new law applies for Class E felonies as long as you have never had other convictions.Most attorneys tell their clients that it is the clients responsibility to contact the attorney once they have completed probation to start the expungement process.If you cant get in touch with your attorney,then you can hire an another attorney to help you. There is a sizeable expungement fee to get this off your record that has to be paid at the time of filing.. If it wasn't part of the agreement or you have other convictions, there is a possibility that your not eligible for this privilege and the conviction would remain. Good Luck!

2. Andrew Robert Edward Plunk

2

Answered . Your question is a bit vague- When you pled guilty, did you go on diversion or probation? If it was diversion, you should be able to have the charge expunged, assuming you successfully completed the diversion program. If you pled and went on probation, an expungement might be more difficult.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

1

Answered . http://www.eraseyourrecord.com/felonies.html