Skip to main content

I pleaded guilty in court on a dui, but they failed to tell me anything about restricted license

Grundy, VA |

i have encounter health problem's cant get to the doctor like i should i know of other people got them the day of their court date but no one went over any of that with me i had no lawyer just pleaded guilty is their anyway that i can get them because so many of my immediate family r sick and my mother take's care of my grandmother where im single with no kid's that leave's me from getting anywhere most of the time like my doctor's appt that are very important

Attorney Answers 1


The judge probably marked you eligible for a restricted permit. If so, and if you are otherwise eligible (if you would have a valid driver's license if it weren't for this DUI conviction) and you are in compliance with VASAP, you can go back to the court where you were convicted. Go to the Clerk's Office and ask for an application for restricted permit. Usually the deputy clerk will tell you everything you need to do to apply for and receive a restricted permit, but if not you can probably pull a local attorney aside and ask for some guidance.

If the judge did not mark you eligible for a restricted permit, you may be able to petition the court to reopen your case and declare you eligible.

Either way, your quickest route starts at the clerk's office and your easiest route starts with a competent local defense attorney.

Best of luck.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics