I plead not guilty to a hit and run I committed.

Neche, ND |

I hit a car one night and drove away but there was a witness that saw it. I live out of town, by 1400 km and it would be a pain to schedule a trip to go to court. I have a court date set for May 23rd and I can't afford to hire someone to be there to represent me. I would like to call a prosecutor and plead guilty and pay the fine. Is it too late to do so? Do I have no choice but to go to court?

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and the hit and run happened in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Also, is there a number I can get quoted for the fine?

1. I would suggest that you contact a criminal lawyer and consult with the lawyer. You want to make sure that you are doing the right thing.

2. Get a local attorney and go to court to fight it.

3. You need a criminal defense attorney that deals with car accident cases.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.