I plead not guilty to a hit and run I committed.

Asked over 1 year ago - Neche, ND

I hit a car one night and drove away but there was a witness that saw it. I live out of town, by 1400 km and it would be a pain to schedule a trip to go to court. I have a court date set for May 23rd and I can't afford to hire someone to be there to represent me. I would like to call a prosecutor and plead guilty and pay the fine. Is it too late to do so? Do I have no choice but to go to court?

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and the hit and run happened in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Also, is there a number I can get quoted for the fine?

Pro

4

Answered . Get a local attorney and go to court to fight it.

2. Kevin Coluccio

3

Answered . I would suggest that you contact a criminal lawyer and consult with the lawyer. You want to make sure that you are doing the right thing.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Answered . You need a criminal defense attorney that deals with car accident cases.