I plead No Contest to County Ordinance Violation, Can i get deported if I am a permanent Resident?

Asked almost 6 years ago - Miami, FL

I plead No Contest to County Ordinance Violation, which I am told by my lawyer is the lowest of misdeamenors. I am a permanent resident. Can I get deported for this? All I have to pay is court fees. I also asked my lawyer if I am asked if I have ever been convicted of a misdemeanor what to reply? And he said to reply "NO" that I havent been convicted is this true?

1. Answered . This is not a deportable crime, as it appears from your description and also should not afect your citizenship application later. As to the second part of your question, generally, a no contest plea to a misdemeanor where the adjudication was not withheld is deemed to be a conviction. Contact your lawyer and find out whether the reason for the "No" answer was that your adjudication was withheld.